Although the vast majority of bidorbuy transactions are trouble-free, the Buyer protection programme provides an additional measure of safety in the unlikely event that:
- The seller does not ship the item you purchased; or
- You receive an item that is materially different than described.
The bidorbuy Buyer protection programme covers items purchased both on auction and buy-now.
The maximum amounts refundable are as follows:
- R2,000 when buying from unverified sellers
- R5,000 when buying from verified sellers
- R7,500 when buying from Basic Stores
- R10,000 when buying from Advanced Stores
- R12,500 when buying from Premium Stores
- 100% cover for items purchased on our Daily Deals
In order to get a refund under the Buyer protection programme, certain conditions need to be fulfilled:
- The item must be purchased using one of these payment methods: bobPay EFT, bobPay Credit Card, Discovery Miles, bobBucks, or Cash Deposit into bidorbuy’s accounts, SnapScan, Zapper, Scode, MobiCred and MasterPass.
- If the item has been returned but the seller did not refund the purchase price, the buyer must provide proof of return shipping.
- The claim must be lodged no later than 30 days after the date of payment.
- Additional proof or evidence may be requested, including copies of emails, photographic evidence and other documentation that may be required.
- For more details, see our Buyer protection programme terms and conditions.
The bidorbuy Buyer Protection Programme does NOT cover the following situations:
- The buyer has a change of mind or is not happy with the quality of the item.
- In the case of postal strike, industrial action, customs or postal delays or non-collection from the Customs or the Post Office.
- The item was collected or delivered in person.
- The item was damaged, lost or stolen in transit or post.
- The payment was made by cash, traveller’s cheques, or sent by post.
- The transaction was concluded off the site.
- The item has a stated delivery time of more than 21 days.
- Sales from classified advertisements, vehicles, property, intangible items (e.g. ebooks), services, gift cards, etc. are not covered by the bidorbuy
- Buyer Protection Programme. For the full list of excluded items, please see the Buyer protection programme terms and conditions.
How to claim
If you do not receive the item you paid for, or if you think that the item you received differs materially from the one you ordered, first check the original listing.
The next step is to contact the seller to try to resolve the issue. If you do not receive a response from the seller within three working days, lodge a claim within 30 days from the date of payment, with all relevant documentation.
Should the item be purchased via PayPal, first process a claim for a refund through PayPal and if unsuccessful, then your credit card issuer. If both are unsuccessful, you may then lodge a claim with bidorbuy.
If bidorbuy finds that the buyer’s claim was justified, the buyer will be refunded as per the Buyer Protection Programme. All refunds will be done through the bobPay system or bobBucks vouchers into the buyer’s bidorbuy account.